Roar Academy Membership Policy
Roar Academy Membership T&Cs:
Terms and Conditions
This is an Agreement between You, the Member, and Roar Tuition Ltd (Roar Academy), a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 09923418), whose registered office is at 12A St Germans Place, Blackheath, London SE3 0NN
By following the joining process at our Website to become a Member of Roar Tuition Ltd (Roar Academy) you are accepting the terms and conditions in this Membership Agreement. You should only join if you are willing to accept them.
- This Membership Agreement starts once you have accepted the terms during the online joining process. By accepting the terms you are agreeing to pay any applicable fees which are shown at the start of the joining process and again before confirming your payment instruction.
- The harmonies, concepts and resources used in Roar Academy are owned by Roar Tuition Ltd. In taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or event it is agreed that any use of resources, techniques and ideas will not be used, amended, copied or replicated at any other event, or to any group or in any venue. If found to be used, legal action will ensue against the individual.
- You are entitled to access and use resources defined by your Membership provided your fees are current.
- Roar Academy rehearsals run in 8 week terms. Roar Academy reserves the right to alter the schedule of rehearsals to fit in with performances and other events that may be taking place. No refunds will be given in these circumstances. If rehearsals are cancelled due to acts of God (weather etc.) then Roar Academy will make best endeavours to provide alternative rehearsal time over the next two terms. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- Roar Academy may from time to time provide additional facilities such as downloads, special rehearsals and shows. These are not part of the basic Membership facilities and are provided solely at the discretion of Roar Academy. Those who do not have internet facilities may not be able to avail themselves of some of these additional provisions.
- Roar Academy will only proceed with a minimum sized group. If this minimum is not achieved, all Members will be refunded the full amount they have paid.
- Membership costs may vary each academic year and Members will be notified of any change in advance.
- By joining, it is agreed that photographic, motion picture, electronic (video) images and sound and video recordings may be taken of all the members and used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to Roar Academy.
- You may opt out of email and SMS communications that we may send but if you do, we cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred by you not receiving Roar Academy-related communications.
- You agree to pay us any applicable fees on the date shown in the online joining process and in the emails sent to you by Roar Academy.
- Termly Membership deposits are due by the first day of term.
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years old or have the permission from an adult with parental responsibilities.
- You consent to incidental inclusion in marketing photographs that we may take from time to time.
- You agree to tell us immediately of any changes to your personal details including contact information.
- In making an application, Members are assumed to be medically fit to undertake the vocal and physical demands of Roar Academy. If an individual has any doubts, these should be indicated to Roar Academy prior to their application.
Code of Conduct
- Roar Academy aims to create a safe and positive environment for all its Members. In order to do this, we must ensure acceptable standards of behaviour from our Members.
- All Members should be punctual to rehearsals and adhere to times and guidelines set by Roar Academy.
- All Members should respond to the leadership of the Choir Leader and official Roar Academy staff members.
- Members should be co-operative with both Roar Academy staff and fellow Roar Academy Members, and uphold an equal-opportunity environment. Any form of negative behaviour, whether written or verbal, towards others including Roar Academy Members, Roar Academy Leaders, the Roar Academy office staff or to the rehearsal and performance environment/staff or audience will lead to cancellation of Membership. In this case, payment will not be refunded.
- Social media groups linked to Roar Academy must comply with the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and The Communications Act 2003
- Members should understand clearly that Roar Academy cannot be held financially responsible for damage caused by misconduct.
- If a Roar Academy closes indefinitely during a term and another Roar Academy is not a suitable alternative, this Agreement will end and you will receive a pro-rated refund of your term fee.
Health and Safety
- Roar Academy is not responsible for damage to person or personal belongings whilst attending rehearsals and performances or before and after rehearsals and performances.
- Roar Academy Members are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending all rehearsals and performances.
- Travel arrangements are to be made by each Member to rehearsals and performances unless it is agreed otherwise.
- We may terminate this Agreement and your Roar Academy Membership with immediate effect if you do not pay any applicable fees or monthly Membership amount when it falls due.
- We may terminate this Agreement and cancel your Roar Academy Membership with immediate effect on notice to you if you breach any of the Roar Academy Membership Codes of Conduct. In this event you will no longer be able to access your downloads and you will not receive a refund.
- If we do not terminate your Membership if you breach any of the Roar Academy Membership terms and conditions, or if we give you extra time to pay if you do not pay your Membership fees or monthly Membership amount when it falls due, Roar Academy reserves the right to subsequently enforce the terms of this Agreement.
- We may communicate Roar Academy related information to you by email or SMS.
- We may assign the benefit of this Agreement and our rights to a third party provided we give you notice and your rights under this Agreement will not be prejudiced.
- Roar Tuition Ltd, the Choir Leaders, Roar Academy employees and subcontractors are not liable for any loss, damage or theft of any of your property that you bring into any of our third party venues. If such loss, damage or theft is caused by the negligent acts or omissions of Roar Tuition Ltd or its Choir Leaders, employees or subcontractors, our liability to you will be limited to £100.
- We will notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions.
Rock Choir theatre shows – filming policy
- Members and their families/friends will be permitted to film Roar Academy shows providing the venue allows such filming and there is no additional charge to Roar Academy by the venue to enable this facility. (If the latter is the case your Roar Academy Leader will advise you before the show date so that you can advise your friends and family that no filming is permitted whatsoever.)
- Where filming is permissible the following conditions must be met and Members will need to ensure that their families/friends are aware of these conditions of filming prior to the performance:
- The filming is for personal use only and cannot be for any purpose for which ANY form of charge is made either immediately following the show or at any point in the future.
- If the film is to be posted on social media then it should not contain any content that causes distress, discomfort or any other issues for other Members or for Roar Academy itself. In such circumstances we will request the footage to be removed.
- Whilst filming, consideration must always be given to the enjoyment of others in the audience. There should not be continual filming of the whole show and the camera used should be sufficiently small to not cause any nuisance to others, including blocking their view of any performance. No additional camera equipment to be used (e.g. tripods or zoom lenses).
- Immediate compliance is required should anyone be asked to stop filming by a Roar Acedemy or venue official.
- No permission will be granted to film or photograph the show for any professional or commercial purposes.
- Children – any photos/film/recording of children or vulnerable adults must be in line with the Roar Academy Protection Policy.
- Only you, the person named in the online joining process, can benefit from this Agreement.
- If any of the terms of this Agreement are invalid, unenforceable or illegal the remaining terms can still be enforced.
- This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- You should print a copy of this Agreement for future reference.
- The fees payable are inclusive of VAT at the rate applicable at the current time.
- Full term payments: Payments must be paid before the start of each term to secure your discounted price. The balance of the term’s payment must be received on or before the beginning of the third week of term. When a Member who is making full-termly payments wishes to leave Roar Academy they are required to email email@example.com to request retirement of their Membership. Payments can be made online by debit card or credit card. Cheques are accepted and must be made payable to Roar Tuition Ltd and with the term, choir and Members name on the reverse, posted to: 12A St Germans Place, London SE3 oNN
Roar Tuition Ltd is a registered company (No.09923418).
The registered address and postal address is: 12A St Germans Place, London SE3 0NN
Roar Tuition Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Use our online enquiry form or contact us at the following address:
Roar Tuition Ltd
12A St Germans Place